Elder Ryan James Grant

January 2010 - January 2012

Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Baptism in Florenca

Baptism in Florenca

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

YES. Terri was baptized. Finally. Maybe it was the letter I last sent pushed her over. I hope. Who knows. That is awesome. I wish I could have been there. Man. I'm so happy.
I loved conference. Man they talked about the Book of Mormon SO much. They seemed to say, if anythings wrong in life open it up. Its true too. I've seen countless problems resolved through the Book of Mormon. Not only mine but others I've taught. I'm super excited about all the temples announced. I didn't get to hear about any of them because I only watched the Sunday sesh's. Interesting, none in Brazil were announced. My state is 2nd or 3rd on the list to get a temple next in Brazil. Rio is 1st. Heard Jason's old mish is baptizing the most in the world now too. Looks like the seeds he left are growing.
Last week was the week I most found new investigators and marked dates during my mission. Between Sunday and Saturday I had found around 20 people with baptism dates for the 2nd and 9th. 3 families and some more individuals. Only thing is that the baptisms for Sunday the 2nd fell, and also for the 9th all fell. So that was a little rough. I marked dates everyday last week, but no one progressed all the way to baptism. This week Ive marked dates too everyday, but I feel more sure about the people this week.
This morning a recent convert of mine took us to her sisters house to teach her and her family. The kids already had been to church a few times and went to conference this weekend, but I never had a chance to teach the parents. So today we went there and marked dates with them and they'll be baptized this weekend.
Next week is transfers. So quick. I feel I'm going to leave the area, but the city I'm not sure. I really want to get out of this city. But we'll see where I'm sent. I want to go where its hot!
Well I'm doing great. Terri's baptism made my week. I just feel so great now. Nothing better to see her get baptized. On conference weekend too!

Well, Love ya all
-Elder Grant

1 comment:

  1. I was so happy to see you've posted again! I've missed reading about that sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete