Elder Ryan James Grant

January 2010 - January 2012

Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Baptism in Florenca

Baptism in Florenca

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tif is sealed! How nuts is that? That's good to hear everything went fine. I was kinda wondering how it went..Any dress fires or fainters? Seeing that I'm here and all. I hope for pix.
Today started off early. Our member neighbor comes over to clean our front yard; But yeh lawnmowers nor weed wackers have been invented yet here so we take it on with a hoe. Only bout 2-3 hours beating it down with the hoes! Of course I break one, we find tons of bugs and 2 huge spiders. Then light it up with the fire. Its Brazil of course so we can burn anything we want and not get in trouble with it. Plastic, styrofoam, pumpkin plants...etc. I love Brazil.
Sunday was pretty well. Death in the branch. Elders Quorum Pres. passed away in an accident. It was pretty sad. Testimony meeting was teary for many. We took 3 families to church too. ha But it was still good. Out of nowhere I think I picked up allergies. Or maybe its just Brazil and the dust. But its super annoying. I'm sneezing like crazy.
The mission is going pretty well. I keep forgetting about time, and just as I do my comps start talking about how he's registering for classes and marriage. 2 comps ago he was super trunky. He also received a Dear John a while back. That joke never ended :) Mine right now isn't too bad. ha This week we have 3 firm baptisms and maybe one more. Dunno yet. Things are in the Lord's hands.
Pretty soon here I'm going to have to start thinking about what I'm going to do when I get back... Ah I don't wanna think about that. It makes me confused. I got transferred because new Americans keep coming in. And in 2 weeks 18 more Brazilians come. So Pres is always moving things around. Training new leadership, opening new areas, etc. My area now is pretty small. 60 ish ruas. Smallest in the mish. 5 min to everywhere ha I'm not going to redo my shoes. I'm just using my Eccos til the end. If they last. It is starting to cool down. Chilly wind, in spite of a burning sun. Its a good combination.
Pray for you guys all the time. I hope everyone's doing well. Has anyone sent a package lately?? :) Ive been wondering if I'm going to get some Reeses choco, or a bunny/ eggs for Easter!

Love ya!
-Elder Grant

p.s. Happy Birthday mom! :) last sunday...

No comments:

Post a Comment