Elder Ryan James Grant

January 2010 - January 2012

Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Baptism in Florenca

Baptism in Florenca

Saturday, June 12, 2010

May 26
Well hello from below the equator! So, no matter how hard you try, the water still goes the other way. Trust me. Some days are cold here. But not enough to wear a sweater or anything of that sort. But my shower doesn't have hot water anymore. Just cold. It's tough at nights. Oh boy. The SUNS baby! oh how I miss watching them. Oh my gosh i wish I could be watching the playoffs! I hope they win. If they win you guys have to buy me a shirt or something. It will be terrible if they win while im gone. Iyiyiyi!
This week was interesting. People just pop up out of nowhere. For real. We marked 2 dates for Sunday. Both of them are really old. 60 ish and 80. The 80 year old is a woman named Maria. She has 2 jobs. And only drinks water. Nothing else. Shes a trooper. We're teaching a lot better. The Lord is truly blessing us. People just appear and it seems like they are just like Joseph Smith. Been to many churches. and are confused. Most have been baptized or married in other churches. Its nuts. This week we talked to a man who is the head of all the churches of a certain religion in Itaúna. The gospel really is perfect. The guy oh my gosh. He knew it too. But he kept trying to tell us were wrong. But then we had every answer and yeh it was just interesting. For real.

well this week has been good. Next week is transfers. I dont find out til Monday what's going to happen. The language is getting alot better. Teaching is fun now. And these people keep getting more interesing each day. Boy do they love to talk.
Oh btw, i got bit by this bug yesterday. My hand looks like one of those latex gloves with water in it. Word on the street too is my city is one of the few cities with "Dengue" in it. Some disease that bugs carry around... or something like that. maybe I should do something about it?
Love ya Miss ya Mom

-Elder Grant

- Show quoted text -

No comments:

Post a Comment