Elder Ryan James Grant

January 2010 - January 2012

Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Baptism in Florenca

Baptism in Florenca

Thursday, July 29, 2010

July 21

This was my first week in my new area. Its called Santa Lucia. Its dirty rich. In the center of the city. But we only work on one part. Which is a huge hill of house upon house upon house upon house. Theres busses that just go up and down taking people. And get this. Its only a Quarter! But everything else is expensive. We have a frew McDonalds, a Couple Subways and Pizza Huts and Dominos. Oh man Makes me super homesick haha. Ive had a milkshake from Mcd's the past 2 days. they are soooo goood. Much better then in the States.
The place we work is crazy. The roads are just like hallways. and last night i almost took out a guy on a bike. Theres always music blasting and occasionally you'll get a motorcycle driving through there. But its good. My comp just turned senior this transfer and its....well.... a learning experience. For both of us. Its been tough for me. ha I think we fought everyday except yesterday. Hes Brazilian. and just a senior. so yeh I'm still Junior. which yeh... is lame. But i know why I'm in this situation now and It helps me stay happy knowing that.
I've seen a Ferrari, a few Porsches, and BMW's are just normal around here. Its a beautiful area. But really hard to baptize rich people. This week I'm playing in Sacrament the few hymns that i know. I'm a bit nervous because my fingers havent hit the keys in a few months. Here in the center a lot of people speak English. Which is kidna good but not. But its funny because I walk into shops and ask people questions in English. and sometimes they understand me! and the others they just give me a blank face then i switch then their eyes get bigger. When we are walking on the road and stuff my comp's mouth is like a motor. I dunno where he gets the gas but it just keeps going. He talks lazy portuguese so i just nod my head and say uhuh. Amazingly it works 90% of the time.
well I'm doing good! learning alot still amazingly at a fast rate. which is good.
I pray for you guys everynight and morning. I hope that all of you are receiving blessings from the open windows in heaven!
well Love ya mom Hope your doing great back in Az with all the grankids broken legs and smelly babies!
Love, your son,
Elder Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment