Elder Ryan James Grant

January 2010 - January 2012

Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Baptism in Florenca

Baptism in Florenca

Thursday, July 29, 2010

July 14

Well hello!
I saw the pics of the babe. Ha already looking pretty good and hes like a week old! That's crazy that Nate and Aaron are gone. I remember hearing about their calls. So long ago. but so short. ha Aaron is in Brazil snap! That's funny you went as us to the open house. ha oh moms and pops. I hit 6 months yesterday. Seems like forever but seems like so soon. It's weird how time works here. I got transferred to my new area here in the center. called Santa Luzia. Its a really nice area. Like rich... BMWs and all. It feels like I'm just in Phoenix with all the sky scrapers around me. except for one dirt poor area that is just a ginormous hill of poor houses.
I was kinda sad to leave me last area. We had some sweet people ready to baptize this Sunday. And i didn't wanna leave the comfort of getting used to the place. Two boys who had 20 and 22 years were so awesome. A few nights before we met them we were making contacts on a road. I felt impressed by the Holy Ghost to talk to this one man. He didn't really wanna stop and talk and kinda kept walking slowly away. Then as all Brazilians do, end up just having their own conversation out of nowhere. Then he proceeded to continue walking and I said "Hey, Where do you live" out of nowhere. And yes he told me where he lived and everything. The next day we went there and he wasn't home. But we found Leonardo 20, and Junior, 22, who were firm in their churches. But they understood everything we taught and now this Sunday they're getting baptized. Oh man they were just like members, Leonardo was asking when I become an Elder, can i be Elder Leonardo? ha of course we said yes. Ah man Then last night our last family that we were helping get married and baptized we talked with. They have 2 boys 6 and 10. The oldest, Anderson, was supposed to be baptized last Sunday but that's another story. so hes getting baptized this Sunday, but i wont be here. I thought he was gonna choose me to do it, but I had to leave. So as i was leaving he just ran up and gave me a hug. It was so tough. You guys have no idea. I didn't wanna go! ha but i know that its because I'm supposed to be here.
Well,,, I hope everyone's doing absolutely fantastic back home. I miss everyone.
Love ya,
-Elder Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment