Elder Ryan James Grant

January 2010 - January 2012

Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Baptism in Florenca

Baptism in Florenca

Thursday, July 29, 2010

July 28

Ah man i miss that kid!(Parker) I received your package today! Symphony bars! ohhh yeh! thanks! Also tell Sis. Berret thanks and the young women for that package I got. I got a few letters today, and one was from Terri.
This week was prob one of my most favorite and most dissapointing.
So a few days have passed and all is going well with my frustrations. I'm calming down a bit and just relaxing realizing time is going to fly by whether i enjoy myself or not, so I'm changing my lookout on things. But it's been interesting because that night I had trouble sleeping, I was thinking alot. Because the family seemed really familiar to me. They seemed so close, although we only met just once. But it seemed just like normal and usually it is tough teaching people, well sometimes, but for them it wasn't. It was really easy for me to just look them in the eye and tell them what I knew. In this area it was the 1st time i really felt the Spirit, as I took control of the situation. The Spirit just worked through me and told me what to say, and of course I tried following as best I could. It feels like I've known them before and so i was just comfortable with them. But of course you know the situation so it's kid of stressing me out because of what happened. It's tough but I am 100% sure that it is in the Lord's hands. I pray almost every night about them. But only time will tell.

Yesterday kinda of lightened me up a little bit. We were knocking some doors and found a kid thats nineteen. He accepted a date and he's pretty legit. But he loves his earrings. haha. Come to find out, he plays basketball. Which is like finding, idk...a car without a/c in AZ. Turns out he looks just like Amare Stoudamire too! Which is nuts. Huge nose and everything. And he plays the same position. It was sweet to talk to him about ball and stuff like that. So I'm def. looking forward to going back tonight. I can't wait. I might need you to send me a Suns jersey here in a couple weeks haha.
Well! I hope everyone’s doing alot better at home! with the Parker situation and everything. And i hope all of you are receiving tons of blessings as I am out. I know the Lord is guiding me and I see His hands almost everyday showing the path.
Love ya guys and thanks for the packages!
-Elder Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment